QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE HAWK WORLD
We are asked some questions more than others and there are some answers that we feel it is important to give you straight away.
We have gathered them all here so that you can start taking advantage of our extremely helpful service right now.
A motor pump is a mechanical device that uses an electric motor to compress air or liquid. It is used to move fluids under pressure, such as water in a sprinkler system or hydraulic fluid in a hydraulic system. Motor pumps are available in several configurations, including:
- A hydraulic motor pump uses an electric motor to drive a piston into an enclosed oil-filled cylinder. The piston compresses the oil and forces it out through the discharge port. The compressed oil then pushes against the sidewall of the cylinder and turns it into motion. This motion can power other equipment, such as a jackhammer or loader.
- An electric motor pump uses an electric motor to drive a plunger (or piston) into an enclosed chamber filled with air or liquid. The plunger compresses the air or liquid and forces it out through one or more discharge ports located on top of the housing unit. These ports are connected to tubes that lead outdoors where they are used to move water or other fluids from one location to another.
Connecting an internal combustion engine to a hydraulic pump is a simple process.
First, you will need to remove the pump body from the engine. This is done by first removing the bolts that hold it in place, then pulling it off of the machine.
Once you have removed the pump body from its housing, you can connect it to your internal combustion engine. The fitting on your engine should match up with the one on your pump body, so if they do not, you will need to buy a fitting adapter kit.
The fire engine pump unit is used for water supply for fire fighting and rescue operations. The fire engine pump assembly consists of a pump, a coupling assembly, and other auxiliary devices. The coupling group has the function of connecting the pump and the motor to each other. It can also be used to connect the suction pipe and the delivery pipe to each other. The coupling assembly consists of two parts: the water supply part and the discharge part.
The water supply part includes a U-flange and two bolts connected by screws. The exhaust comprises a disc plate, which attaches to a sealing ring via bolts and nuts.
If you need more information, please contact us.
The hydraulic pump-motor coupling is used to connect a hydraulic pump to an electric motor, allowing the use of a hydraulic pump instead of a mechanical motor. The coupling can be used for many applications including remote or mobile equipment.
The coupling has been designed to provide a lightweight alternative to traditional motors and pumps. The coupling is also designed to be durable and easy to use, making it attractive to businesses that need reliable equipment.
If you need more information, contact us.
The piston pump is a high-pressure pump that uses a single moving part to generate pressure. It is also known as a check valve pump because it uses a check valve to control flow.
The piston pump consists of a cylinder with two chambers, an inlet, and an outlet. A piston slides along the inside of the cylinder, stopping at either end of its travel. As the piston moves, it pushes fluid into one chamber of the cylinder while simultaneously pushing liquid out of another chamber. This creates pressure in both chambers and allows for pumping action.
If you need more information, please contact us.
The high-pressure pump is located inside the engine and is activated through an intake cam. The pump receives the fuel at a pressure of about 6 bar and injects it into the ordinary pipe connected to the injectors.
The injectors dose and transform the mixture into steam inside the combustion chamber. The purpose of the injection is to obtain a higher torque which translates into an increase in efficiency and lower consumption in the case of the partial load operation.
If you need more information, please contact us.
A hydraulic pump is a mechanical device that converts mechanical energy into hydraulic energy. This conversion is accomplished by a piston that is driven by a crankshaft.
If you want to increase the hydraulic pump pressure in your system, there are a few things you can do. First, you can increase the fluid flow rate into the pump. This will increase the pressure on the fluid, and therefore increase the output pressure of the pump. Second, you can increase the displacement of the pump. This will increase the amount of fluid that the pump can move per unit of time and therefore increase the output pressure. Finally, you can increase the speed of the pump. This will increase the rate at which the pump can move fluid, and therefore increase the output pressure.
When selecting a pump for a fire fighting system, there are several factors to consider. The first is the type of pump required. There are two main types of pumps used for fire fighting, centrifugal and positive displacement. Centrifugal pumps are typically used for larger systems where high volumes of water are required. Positive displacement pumps are typically used for smaller systems where lower volumes of water are required.
The second factor to consider is the flow rate. This is the amount of water that the pump can provide per minute. The flow rate will be determined by the size of the system and the type of pump being used.
The third factor to consider is pressure. This is the amount of force that the pump can provide to the water. The pressure will be determined by the type of pump being used and the size of the system.
There are two types of couplings: rigid and flexible. Rigid couplings are used to connect two shafts that are aligned with each other. Flexible couplings are used to connect two shafts that are not aligned with each other.
Flexible couplings are good for when the shafts are a little bit off, while rigid couplings can’t tolerate any misalignment.
The unloader valve is a pressure washer's most important safety feature. The unloader valve allows pressure to be released when the trigger is not engaged, preventing the machine from building up too much pressure, is designed to respond to an increase in pressure or a change in water flow.
The unloader valve is located between the pump and the trigger, if the unloader valve is not working properly, the pressure washer can be very dangerous. Always check the unloader valve before using a pressure washer, and be sure to follow the instructions for its proper use.
A pressure relief valve is a device that is used to relieve pressure in a system. The valve is designed to open and release pressure when the system pressure exceeds the set point. The valve is typically used in closed systems and cannot release pressure through an open vent.
The viscosity rating is very important for identifying whether an oil is suitable for specific operating conditions: oils with a high viscosity rating are ideal for use in summer, whereas oils with lower viscosity ratings are best in winter. Multi grade oils are capable of adapting and their operating range is described by two numbers: the cold temperature viscosity and the hot temperature viscosity. Leuco S.p.A. recommends using SAE 10W-40 multi grade oils with its pumps.
The code for multi grade oils consists of two numbers separated by a "W": the first number shows the low temperature rating and the second number is the high temperature rating. Multi grade oils help cold starts: their fluidity at low temperatures facilitates cold starts and safeguards the lubricating film even during the critical pump start-up phase.
The maximum hot temperature is 100°C. This temperature was originally chosen to represent the oil temperature and is still used to define SAE ratings. However, developments in engine technology mean that oil temperatures can now reach significantly higher values (150°C or more).
HAWK pumps can use either mineral or synthetic oils!
Hawk high-pressure piston pumps are positive displacement pumps. The main parameters that determine your choice of Hawk pump are flow rate, pressure, rotation speed and power consumption.
- The flow rate is given in litres per minute and is directly proportional to the speed of rotation.
- The speed of rotation is given as revolutions per minute.
- The pressure is given in bars and is the maximum pressure that the pump was designed to reach.
- The power consumption is shown in kW and is the absorption required to achieve the maximum flow rate and pressure indicated.
Among the pumps, HAWK proposes:
- Standard Pumps, suitable for the majority of applications that need to pump clean fresh water or water with a low percentage of commonly used detergents, up to a temperature of 65 °C.
- Aisi 316l Stainless Steel Manifold Housing Pumps, suitable for applications involving reverse osmosis, for use in the food- chemical and pharmaceutical industries and for applications using seawater.
- Car Wash Pumps, which have a special seals pack designed for the car wash sector in order to ensure longer seal life, low maintenance and reliable car wash operation with no downtime. Anti-corrosion nickel plated manifold housing offering superior protection even in the most challenging conditions.
- Ht Pumps, which have a special seals pack designed for the food industry and for all applications up to 85°C to prevent problems often associated with the use of hot water. Anti-corrosion nickel plated manifold housing offering superior protection even in the most challenging conditions.
Atex Pumps Category II 2G c T135°C (T4), atex certified pumps, which can be integrated in appliances operating in potentially explosive environments.
Download pdf for more information!