QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE HAWK WORLD
We are asked some questions more than others and there are some answers that we feel it is important to give you straight away.
We have gathered them all here so that you can start taking advantage of our extremely helpful service right now.
The viscosity rating is very important for identifying whether an oil is suitable for specific operating conditions: oils with a high viscosity rating are ideal for use in summer, whereas oils with lower viscosity ratings are best in winter. Multi grade oils are capable of adapting and their operating range is described by two numbers: the cold temperature viscosity and the hot temperature viscosity. Leuco S.p.A. recommends using SAE 10W-40 multi grade oils with its pumps.
The code for multi grade oils consists of two numbers separated by a "W": the first number shows the low temperature rating and the second number is the high temperature rating. Multi grade oils help cold starts: their fluidity at low temperatures facilitates cold starts and safeguards the lubricating film even during the critical pump start-up phase.
The maximum hot temperature is 100°C. This temperature was originally chosen to represent the oil temperature and is still used to define SAE ratings. However, developments in engine technology mean that oil temperatures can now reach significantly higher values (150°C or more).
HAWK pumps can use either mineral or synthetic oils!
Hawk high-pressure piston pumps are positive displacement pumps. The main parameters that determine your choice of Hawk pump are flow rate, pressure, rotation speed and power consumption.
- The flow rate is given in litres per minute and is directly proportional to the speed of rotation.
- The speed of rotation is given as revolutions per minute.
- The pressure is given in bars and is the maximum pressure that the pump was designed to reach.
- The power consumption is shown in kW and is the absorption required to achieve the maximum flow rate and pressure indicated.
Among the pumps, HAWK proposes:
- Standard Pumps, suitable for the majority of applications that need to pump clean fresh water or water with a low percentage of commonly used detergents, up to a temperature of 65 °C.
- Aisi 316l Stainless Steel Manifold Housing Pumps, suitable for applications involving reverse osmosis, for use in the food- chemical and pharmaceutical industries and for applications using seawater.
- Car Wash Pumps, which have a special seals pack designed for the car wash sector in order to ensure longer seal life, low maintenance and reliable car wash operation with no downtime. Anti-corrosion nickel plated manifold housing offering superior protection even in the most challenging conditions.
- Ht Pumps, which have a special seals pack designed for the food industry and for all applications up to 85°C to prevent problems often associated with the use of hot water. Anti-corrosion nickel plated manifold housing offering superior protection even in the most challenging conditions.
Atex Pumps Category II 2G c T135°C (T4), atex certified pumps, which can be integrated in appliances operating in potentially explosive environments.
Download pdf for more information!